Tuesday 8 February 2011

Primary Research on Forms in Nature and Manmade Forms

Manmade Forms

Many of these images show repeating lines, squres or dot patterns.





I like the folds in the grass and this would be a simple technique to do with paper.


I like this form as I like the vibrant colours used in it, and I also like the spiral shape which would be an interesting thing to try out with paper.


I can also take inspiration from this as sections of the metal are missing and I can do this with paper by cutting out sections.




This is a basic line pattern and can be done with paper by just scoring it and making the paper pop out.





Natural Forms
I took the pictures of the plants whilst walking around the Botanical Gardens.


I like the lines in the leaf as it would be easy to do in a paper model. I would just have to score and make parts of the paper stand out to make it 3D.


This plant has a nice pattern with the leaves getting longer the further out they go. This again can be done as a model. I would have to do the model in different sections and then fit it together.


No comments:

Post a Comment