Tuesday 1 February 2011

Experimenting with repeating patterns

 I did a simple model by folding and scoring a piece of paper and made 3 other models with the size getting smaller and smaller.


I stacked the models on top of eachother to creat a piramid sculpture and looks a little bit like a tree. I like the shadows created by the different layers and think it looks very effective.



To make a different shape with the models i put them inside eachother going from biggest to smallest. Again i like this model as you can see the different layers.


This was a very simple basic idea... I cut strips of coloured card and twisted each strip into a twirl and arranged them into a pattern. I dont think its very effective as it is too simplistic and I dont like the look of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment