Monday 7 February 2011

Research on 3D Paper Models


This paper model of a pear I think is good because of the different layers to it. The way the picture has been taken shows the shadows between the pieces of paper in the middle of the model and the highlights on the outer sides of the model giving it a 3D look in the picture.


This is a very basic 3D repeating pattern which I like because it uses scoring and doesn't cut the paper. I also like the use of the different colours.


This is one of my favourite 3D sculptures as it uses paper with print on it rather than just plain white paper, this adds more detail to it. I also like the fact that ribbon has been added to the model to make it look more like a corset.


Again here the model doesn't just use plain paper, it uses a map which gives the model more detail to look at. You can also see how the lines on the map go over the 3D pointed edges.



This model stood out to me because of the way it is lit. The light is coming through the back of the model which works well as it shows off the folds and shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment